- What size battery is required? [Article]
Depends what size generator. There are manufacture recommendations included in the owner's manual. Note: cca = cold cranking amps Generac Air Cooled Battery Size
- Starting Your Search [Article]
Choosing the right generator can get confusing - so we want to help you through some of these choices.
There are severa
- What happens if the generator gets overloaded? [Article]
Generac generators are equipped with overload protection. In the rare event of an overload, the generator’s circuit breaker will trip, disconnecting the unit from the load. Simply correct the ov...
- What is the difference between an automatic air-cooled generator and an automati... [Article]
The engines! Air-cooled generators come with engines that use fans to force air across the engine for cooling, while liquid-cooled generators use enclosed radiator systems for cooling, similar to an a...
- Why should I buy an automatic standby generator instead of a portable generator?... [Article]
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby
- Locate a Service Dealer [Article]
Each manaufacture has a website where you can search for a local dealer in your area for warranty and maintenance. We have included links to these websites below. Service Dealer Loc
- How are Generators shipped and what services are included? [Article]
The generators are shipped by 18 wheelers, minimum 40 ft. trailers. We request the freight company to provide you with 24 hour delivery notification and for most models up to 25kW the shipment will
- Does my unit require a concrete pad? [Article]
The air cooled generators all come with a pad already attached to the generator, manufactures require a level site and a pea gravel bed only. Liquid cooled generators all require concrete pads
- Can I swap out the transfer switch that comes with the prepackaged unit? [Article]
No you cannot. Generators that are available as a package are also available without a pre-selected transfer switch so you can match a generator to a transfer switch that works for your applic
- Product Registration by Manufacture [Article]
Product Registration Generac Go to Generac
- Setup for Propane [Article]
Most of the standby generators offered by Norwall PowerSystems from 8kW - 48kW are considered dual fuel. This means they will operate on either natural gas or propane. Each dual fuel g