Ships Factory Direct In 3-4 Weeks
Be the first to review this product and earn a chance for a $10 store credit when you place a review on this product post purchase.
Westerbeke Diesel Generator: 5.5 BCD, A truly low profile 5.5 kilowatts....
QUIET & COMPACT
Operating at 1800 RPM with a tuned air intake silencer and four point vibration mounts, the 5.5 BCD runs smooth and quiet. Designed specifically for those installations where height is extremely limited, this generator has one of the smallest envelopes available in its class.
POWERFUL, LIGHTWIEGHT AND RELIABLE
The 5.5 BCD is powered by an industrial .95 liter engine supplying a full 5.5 kilowatts. A very popular generator, the 5.5 BCD continues to support the strong record of reliability Westerbeke has built supplying generators to the United States Navy and Coast Guard as well as commercial vessels and pleasure craft.
EASY OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
To minimize engine maintenance, the 5.5 BCD operates at a slow 1800 RPM and is fresh water cooled for longer life. Easy access to all servicing points and individually removable top and side panels of the optional sound enclosure allow easy installation and maintenance.
FULL TORQUE, POWER TAKEOFF INTERFACE
A customer sourced, electric clutch and hydraulic pump can be mounted to the full torque, power take-off interface for use with such items as bow thrusters, compressors, winches and "take-home" systems.
FIVE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The 5.5 BCD is backed by Westerbeke's 5-year limited warranty.
• Instrument panel and safety stop switch
• Remote start-stop plug-in connection
• Extra oil pressure switch for remote signal or control functions
• Safety shut-downs – high coolant temperature, low oil pressure, high exhaust temperature.
• A.C. Circuit Breaker installed (single phase)
• 17 Amp Battery Charger
• Power take-off interface
• Self-bleeding fuel system
• Fresh water cooling and coolant recovery tank
• 45° water injected exhaust elbow
• Gear-driven raw water pump
• Tuned air intake silencer
• Vibration mounts – fail safe rubber type
• Lube oil drain hose and drip tray
• Oil fill – top and side
• Belt guard
• Operator’s manual and parts list
• EPA, CARB & CE compliant
• Remote start-stop panel
• 15' & 30 connectable panel ext. harness (up to 60'/18.3m)
• Ship shore switch
• Fuel filter/water separator
• Hydro hush muffler and fittings
• "A" on-board spare parts kit,
• "B" extended cruising spare parts kit
• Anti-siphon valve for overboard cooling discharge water
• Sound Guard SST sound enclosure
Norwall PowerSystems is restricted to shipping Westerbeke products to only the following areas: Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Hawaii.
|Model Number||5.5 BCD|
|Made In USA||Yes|
|Low Oil Alert||Yes|
|Product Weight||356 lbs.|
|Engine RPM||1800 RPM|
|Cast Iron Sleeve||Yes|
|Cooling System||Fresh Water/Heat Exchanger|
|Auto Voltage Regulation||Yes||Fuel|
|Fuel Type||Diesel||Warranty Information|
|Consumer Warranty||5 Year Limited|
All generators include 24 hour delivery notification and residential delivery. Liftgate service is available on all air-cooled generators and some liquid cooled units – Please call for verification. Free Shipping is curbside service only. Curbside service means the freight company will deliver to your address and lower your generator to the ground. The freight company will not back down driveways, place a generator in a building or where it is being installed. You are responsible for arranging the movement and setting of the generator.
Some restrictions apply to "Free Shipping" you may either view our
Shipping Information page or contact us for details.